Number Theory: Structures, Examples, and Problems
Titu Andreescu, Dorin Andrica, "Number Theory: Structures, Examples, and Problems"
B.ser B.ston | 2009 | ISBN: 081763245X | 384 pages | File type: PDF | 1,6 mb
Number theory, an ongoing rich area of mathematical exploration, is noted for its theoretical depth, with connections and applications to other fields from representation theory, to physics, cryptography, and more. While the forefront of number theory is replete with sophisticated and famous open problems, at its foundation are basic, elementary ideas that can stimulate and challenge beginning students. This lively introductory text focuses on a problem-solving approach to the subject.
Key features of Number Theory: Structures, Examples, and Problems:
* A rigorous exposition starts with the natural numbers and the basics.
* Important concepts are presented with an example, which may also emphasize an application. The exposition moves systematically and intuitively to uncover deeper properties.
* Topics include divisibility, unique factorization, modular arithmetic and the Chinese Remainder Theorem, Diophantine equations, quadratic residues, binomial coefficients, Fermat and Mersenne primes and other special numbers, and special sequences. Sections on mathematical induction and the pigeonhole principle, as well as a discussion of other number systems are covered.
* Unique exercises reinforce and motivate the reader, with selected solutions to some of the problems.
* Glossary, bibliography, and comprehensive index round out the text.
Written by distinguished research mathematicians and renowned teachers, this text is a clear, accessible introduction to the subject and a source of fascinating problems and puzzles, from advanced high school students to undergraduates, their instructors, and general readers at all levels.
Empirical Research in Statistics Education
TTC - Understanding Calculus: Problems, Solutions, and Tips [repost]
A Companion to Interdisciplinary Stem Project-Based Learning, Second Edition
Intelligent Mathematics II: Applied Mathematics and Approximation Theory
Advances and Applications in Chaotic Systems
Mathematical Puzzles for the Connoisseur
Euler's Gem: The Polyhedron Formula and the Birth of Topology
Partial Differential Equations II: Elements of the Modern Theory, Equations With
Modern Formal Methods and Applications
"Linear Algebraic Techniques for the Analysis of P/T Net Systems" by Manuel Silva, Enrique Teruel, a
This site does not store any files on its server. We only index and link to content provided by other sites. Please contact the content providers to delete copyright contents if any and email us, we'll remove relevant links or contents immediately.
|Astronomy and Cosmology||Physics|
|Biology and Genetics||Psychology and Behavior|
100 Essential Things You Didn't Know You d(3705)
The Story of Science(3567)
Introducing Mathematics: A Graphic Guide(3428)
How To Learn And Memorize Math, Numbers, E(2961)
Linear Algebra: A Modern Introduction,, 2n(2409)
Encyclopedia of Mathematics(2295)
The Foundations of Mathematics, 2 edition(2280)
Geometric Algebra (Dover Books on Mathemat(2187)
The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Mathemati(2041)
Applied Mathematics, 4th Edition(1984)
Calculus For Dummies(1952)
Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics: Core & Extend(1938)
Introduction to Logic, 2nd edition(1857)
Geometry for Dummies(1783)