Number Theory: Structures, Examples, and Problems
Titu Andreescu, Dorin Andrica, "Number Theory: Structures, Examples, and Problems"
B.ser B.ston | 2009 | ISBN: 081763245X | 384 pages | File type: PDF | 1,6 mb
Number theory, an ongoing rich area of mathematical exploration, is noted for its theoretical depth, with connections and applications to other fields from representation theory, to physics, cryptography, and more. While the forefront of number theory is replete with sophisticated and famous open problems, at its foundation are basic, elementary ideas that can stimulate and challenge beginning students. This lively introductory text focuses on a problem-solving approach to the subject.
Key features of Number Theory: Structures, Examples, and Problems:
* A rigorous exposition starts with the natural numbers and the basics.
* Important concepts are presented with an example, which may also emphasize an application. The exposition moves systematically and intuitively to uncover deeper properties.
* Topics include divisibility, unique factorization, modular arithmetic and the Chinese Remainder Theorem, Diophantine equations, quadratic residues, binomial coefficients, Fermat and Mersenne primes and other special numbers, and special sequences. Sections on mathematical induction and the pigeonhole principle, as well as a discussion of other number systems are covered.
* Unique exercises reinforce and motivate the reader, with selected solutions to some of the problems.
* Glossary, bibliography, and comprehensive index round out the text.
Written by distinguished research mathematicians and renowned teachers, this text is a clear, accessible introduction to the subject and a source of fascinating problems and puzzles, from advanced high school students to undergraduates, their instructors, and general readers at all levels.
An Introduction to the Mathematical Theory of Waves
Reflections on Relativity
Linear Algebra: A Modern Introduction,, 2nd Edition
Arithmetic, Geometry, Cryptography and Coding Theory
Boundary Element Analysis
An Introduction to Fronts in Random Media
Structural Proof Theory
Computational Contact Mechanics, 2 Edition
Comprehensive Mathematics Practice: Book 4
This site does not store any files on its server. We only index and link to content provided by other sites. Please contact the content providers to delete copyright contents if any and email us, we'll remove relevant links or contents immediately.
|Astronomy and Cosmology||Physics|
|Biology and Genetics||Psychology and Behavior|
Statistics: Learning from Data(3650)
The Moscow Puzzles: 359 Mathematical Recre(3545)
Fundamentals of Calculus(3224)
Trigonometry, 3rd edition(3216)
Calculus, Better Explained: A Guide To Dev(2933)
50 Visions of Mathematics(2704)
If A, Then B: How the World Discovered Log(2541)
The Number Mysteries: A Mathematical Odyss(2487)
100 Essential Things You Didn't Know You d(2415)
Probability Demystified: A Self-teaching G(2270)
Business Math, 9th Edition(2148)
Calculus Workbook For Dummies(2062)
The Story of Science(1961)
Graph Theory: Undergraduate Mathematics(1902)