Oxford Phrasal Verbs Dictionary for Learners of English
* The dictionary gives students the information they need both to understand and to make active use of nearly 6,000 common British and American phrasal verbs.
* The exceptionally clear design of the dictionary makes it very easy to use.
* The main section of each entry contains a clear definition of the meaning of each phrasal verb. A defining vocabulary of less than 3,000 words keeps the definitions simple and easy to understand.
* Corpus-based examples show how phrasal verbs are used in current English. These provide useful models to follow.
* The entries include related nouns, adjectives, and idioms which are derived from the phrasal verb (such as the noun 'break-up' from the verb 'to break up').
* Stress is shown on each phrasal verb to encourage correct pronunciation.
* Usage notes dealing with common problems help learners avoid typical mistakes.
* Full information is given on the grammatical pattern of each phrasal verb.
* Common subject and object collocates used with the verb are included. Students can draw on these for their own active use.
* Synonyms and opposites are given to help learners build their vocabulary.
* The dictionary contains study pages which give students further guidance on learning and using phrasal verbs, and photocopiable exercises which can be used for classroom or individual practice.
* At the back of the dictionary is an invaluable guide to the meaning of the adverbs and prepositions which are used to form phrasal verbs.
The Indian Tipi: Its History, Construction, and Use, 2nd Edition
New Games: Postmodernism After Contemporary Art
Metaphor (Key Topics in Semantics and Pragmatics)
Chinese Literature (Introductions to Chinese Culture)
Sideways on a Scooter: Life and Love in India
Japanese for Everyone: A Functional Approach to Daily Communication
The Cambridge Introduction to F. Scott Fitzgerald
Shakespeare: Ten Great Comedies, 14 Lectures on 7 Cds [Complete Unabridged A
The Two Cultures: Shared Problems
This site does not store any files on its server. We only index and link to content provided by other sites. Please contact the content providers to delete copyright contents if any and email us, we'll remove relevant links or contents immediately.
Learn Spanish: Vocabulary 2001(1767)
Learn Japanese: Vocabulary 2001(1698)
Myths & Legends Explained(1569)
Learn Arabic: Vocabulary 2001(1226)
English in Focus 2(1166)
Japanese Culture, 4th Edition(1150)
8th Grade Reading Comprehension and Writ(1077)
Chinese Literature (Introductions to Chi(1072)
Good Prose: The Art of Nonfiction(945)
Sentence Structure, 2 Ed(924)
Well Read 3 Student Book: Skills and Str(831)
Metaphor (Key Topics in Semantics and Pr(820)
First Verbs: A Case Study of Early Gramm(745)
Forged: Why Fakes are the Great Art of O(677)
Celtic Mythology A to Z, 2 Edition(662)
Learn French with Michel Thomas(27035)
English Vocabulary in Use - Elementary t(18715)
Don't Sleep, There Are Snakes: Life and (18131)
IELTS Express Upper Intermediate(16109)
Advanced English Grammar and Communicati(15617)
TOEFL iBT: The Official ETS Study Guide (11203)
The Cambridge Encyclopedia of the Englis(10715)
The Element: How Finding Your Passion Ch(10417)
Kid's Box 3 (Pupil's Book, Activity Book(9912)
TOEIC Test Prep ( with Audio CD)(9434)
Vocabulary Building with Antonyms, Synon(8641)
Start with Why by Simon Sinek(8346)
Pimsleur learn French v.II(8074)
Spanish All-in-One For Dummies(7902)
Insight into IELTS Student's Book Update(7536)