Oxford Phrasal Verbs Dictionary for Learners of English
* The dictionary gives students the information they need both to understand and to make active use of nearly 6,000 common British and American phrasal verbs.
* The exceptionally clear design of the dictionary makes it very easy to use.
* The main section of each entry contains a clear definition of the meaning of each phrasal verb. A defining vocabulary of less than 3,000 words keeps the definitions simple and easy to understand.
* Corpus-based examples show how phrasal verbs are used in current English. These provide useful models to follow.
* The entries include related nouns, adjectives, and idioms which are derived from the phrasal verb (such as the noun 'break-up' from the verb 'to break up').
* Stress is shown on each phrasal verb to encourage correct pronunciation.
* Usage notes dealing with common problems help learners avoid typical mistakes.
* Full information is given on the grammatical pattern of each phrasal verb.
* Common subject and object collocates used with the verb are included. Students can draw on these for their own active use.
* Synonyms and opposites are given to help learners build their vocabulary.
* The dictionary contains study pages which give students further guidance on learning and using phrasal verbs, and photocopiable exercises which can be used for classroom or individual practice.
* At the back of the dictionary is an invaluable guide to the meaning of the adverbs and prepositions which are used to form phrasal verbs.
A Theory of Argumentation
Fans, Bloggers, and Gamers: Media Consumers in a Digital Age
Galactic Alignment: The Transformation of Consciousness According to Mayan, Egyptian, and Vedic Trad
Forms in Early Modern Utopia: The Ethnography of Perfection
From Game to War and Other Psychoanalytic Essays on Folklore
Queer Mythologies: The Original Stageplays of Pam Gems by Dimple Godiwala
Trick or Treat: A History of Halloween
The Cambridge Companion to Gothic Fiction (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
Serbian: An Essential Grammar (Routledge Essential Grammars)
This site does not store any files on its server. We only index and link to content provided by other sites. Please contact the content providers to delete copyright contents if any and email us, we'll remove relevant links or contents immediately.
Grammar of Spoken and Written English(3054)
Spanish Essentials For Dummies(2810)
Teach Yourself. Correct English(2753)
Easy French Step-by-Step(2466)
World English 1(2221)
How to Swear Around the World(2088)
Japanese Mythology A to Z(1953)
The Three Kingdoms, Volume 3: Welcome The (1914)
Handbook of Classical Mythology(1900)
Writing in English: A Guide for Advanced L(1862)
Japanese Grammar 100 in Plain English(1719)
Naked Exhibitionism: Gendered Performance (1680)
English ID 1A (Studentí»s Book & Workbook)(1659)
Master Lists for Writers: Thesauruses, Plo(1527)
Writing Scientific English. A Workbook(1502)