Oxford Phrasal Verbs Dictionary for Learners of English
* The dictionary gives students the information they need both to understand and to make active use of nearly 6,000 common British and American phrasal verbs.
* The exceptionally clear design of the dictionary makes it very easy to use.
* The main section of each entry contains a clear definition of the meaning of each phrasal verb. A defining vocabulary of less than 3,000 words keeps the definitions simple and easy to understand.
* Corpus-based examples show how phrasal verbs are used in current English. These provide useful models to follow.
* The entries include related nouns, adjectives, and idioms which are derived from the phrasal verb (such as the noun 'break-up' from the verb 'to break up').
* Stress is shown on each phrasal verb to encourage correct pronunciation.
* Usage notes dealing with common problems help learners avoid typical mistakes.
* Full information is given on the grammatical pattern of each phrasal verb.
* Common subject and object collocates used with the verb are included. Students can draw on these for their own active use.
* Synonyms and opposites are given to help learners build their vocabulary.
* The dictionary contains study pages which give students further guidance on learning and using phrasal verbs, and photocopiable exercises which can be used for classroom or individual practice.
* At the back of the dictionary is an invaluable guide to the meaning of the adverbs and prepositions which are used to form phrasal verbs.
A Companion to Twentieth-Century German Literature
Doing Ethnography in Teams
Cultural Roots of Sustainable Management: Practical Wisdom and Corporate Social Responsibility
Robert McKee, Story. Contenuti, struttura, stile, principi per la sceneggiatura e per l'arte di scri
A Practical Hungarian Grammar with Glossary
The Double Screen: Medium and Representation in Chinese Painting
Grammar in Interaction: Adverbial Clauses in American English Conversations
Palatable Poison: Critical Perspectives on The Well of Loneliness
The Acquisition of Finiteness (Studies in Generative Grammar)
Remembering the Kana: The Katakana
This site does not store any files on its server. We only index and link to content provided by other sites. Please contact the content providers to delete copyright contents if any and email us, we'll remove relevant links or contents immediately.
Behind the Pink Curtain: The Complete Hist(3804)
Vocabulary Builder, Course 1, Student Edit(3512)
How to learn English: The ultimate guide t(3284)
English for Presentations at International(3131)
Oxford Living Grammar Series(3029)
Speed Reading: Proven Techniques for Readi(2915)
English Grammar Essentials For Dummies(2862)
Secrets To Becoming A Genius With Your Min(2628)
British English from A to Zed: A Definitiv(2455)
The Little Book of Japan(2408)
Memory Manipulation: How to Train Your Bra(2386)
Building Vocabulary from Word Roots Level (2379)
English for Academic Correspondence, 2nd e(2107)
Teach Yourself: Beginner's Japanese(2053)