Oxford Phrasal Verbs Dictionary for Learners of English
* The dictionary gives students the information they need both to understand and to make active use of nearly 6,000 common British and American phrasal verbs.
* The exceptionally clear design of the dictionary makes it very easy to use.
* The main section of each entry contains a clear definition of the meaning of each phrasal verb. A defining vocabulary of less than 3,000 words keeps the definitions simple and easy to understand.
* Corpus-based examples show how phrasal verbs are used in current English. These provide useful models to follow.
* The entries include related nouns, adjectives, and idioms which are derived from the phrasal verb (such as the noun 'break-up' from the verb 'to break up').
* Stress is shown on each phrasal verb to encourage correct pronunciation.
* Usage notes dealing with common problems help learners avoid typical mistakes.
* Full information is given on the grammatical pattern of each phrasal verb.
* Common subject and object collocates used with the verb are included. Students can draw on these for their own active use.
* Synonyms and opposites are given to help learners build their vocabulary.
* The dictionary contains study pages which give students further guidance on learning and using phrasal verbs, and photocopiable exercises which can be used for classroom or individual practice.
* At the back of the dictionary is an invaluable guide to the meaning of the adverbs and prepositions which are used to form phrasal verbs.
Chado: The Way of Tea - A Japanese Tea Master's Almanac
The Blackwell Companion to the Sociology of Culture
The Lion's World: A Journey Into the Heart of Narnia
Reading, Writing, and the Rhetorics of Whiteness
How Authors' Minds Make Stories
CultureShock! Thailand: A Survival Guide to Customs and Etiquette
Cultures in Collision and Conversation: Essays in the Intellectual History of the Jews
History of Political Philosophy
"Comment apprend-on ? La recherche au service de la pratique" Ed. par Hanna Dumont, David Istance et
This site does not store any files on its server. We only index and link to content provided by other sites. Please contact the content providers to delete copyright contents if any and email us, we'll remove relevant links or contents immediately.
Creative Writing Exercises for Dummies(2949)
The Book of Yokai: Mysterious Creatures of(2860)
Critical Thinking, Reading, and Writing: A(2576)
Writing, Reading, and Research, 9 edition(2498)
The Book of Yokai: Mysterious Creatures of(2475)
Speak Business English Like an American: L(2456)
Phrasal Verbs: The English Verb-Particle C(2421)
A Writer's Reference, 7th Edition(2313)
The Writer's Idea Thesaurus: An Interactiv(2255)
Writing from Sources, Eighth Edition(2145)
The Writer's World: Sentences and Paragrap(2067)
Who's Who In Classical Mythology(2046)
Speakout ? English Course ? Complete Colle(1992)
Rules for Writers with Writing about Liter(1906)
Why Do Linguistics?: Reflective Linguistic(1780)